Program: New Roots for Restoration Biology Integration Institute (NRR-BII)
Entity: Donald Danforth Plant Science Center
Location: Several locations
“The NRR-BII is a five-year, NSF-funded initiative supporting integrated research and training activities, focusing on the overarching theme of how plant organismal systems (plant roots and shoots) relate to one another. Partner institutions within the NRR-BII are recruiting students to participate in Research Experiences for Undergraduate (REU) summer internships. REU participants will work on projects at specific institutions, and will also participate in the broader institute through in-person and virtual meetings. REU interns will join a near-peer mentoring scheme in which they work closely with high school students, graduate students, and professors to achieve research, training, and diversifying goals.”
– Chicago Botanic Garden (Glencoe, Illinois).
– Danforth Plant Science Center (St. Louis, Missouri).
– University of Missouri (Columbia, Missouri).
– University of Kansas (Lawrence, Kansas)
– University of Vermont (Burlington, Vermont)
– Must be a U.S. citizen, or permanent U.S. resident, currently enrolled with undergraduate status.
For more information: