Entity: Tetra Tech
Location: San Juan, P.R.
“Tetra Tech Inc. Disaster Recovery (TDR) is currently seeking an Agronomist for disaster recovery and mitigation programs in Puerto Rico. The successful candidate will have related experience and meet the required qualifications below. They will be responsible for functions assigned to them by the Program Manager, Client and TDR senior management team. During the eligibility analysis for an application, a case may require an evaluation by an agronomist with agricultural business or agricultural economics expertise to complete an Agronomist Report. This report will validate as per the requirements of the program, the applicant business model, the reasonableness of their request for funding, the financial viability of the business and/or their proposed business plan in a final report. Agronomists may require visiting applicant businesses to complete this evaluation when deemed necessary to complete the eligibility determination.”
– Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher education from an accredited institution in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics or a related field.
– Must be a licensed Agronomist WITH three years of experience in agronomy as well as agriculture, field development, or research and development.
– Must have prior experience conducting agricultural evaluations and agricultural business plan evaluations; deep knowledge of agricultural processes.
– Must have fluent verbal and written communication skills.
– Must be working locally from Puerto Rico.
– Prior experience with CDBG-DR/MIT and federally funded projects.
– Prior experience with disaster recovery and community development.
– Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
– Ability to work attentively with minimal supervision.
– Have extraordinary attention to detail and work well with a team.
– Ability to learn new software programs as necessary.
For more information: