Position: Certified Biologist
Entity: Sanford Federal, Inc.
Location: Vieques, P.R.
Sanford Federal, Inc is looking to hire a qualified Biologist to support the biology program, the Refuge Manager, and the Project Manager on the Vieques National Wildlife Refuge by conducting surveys for various habitat types.
– Conducting biological investigations to determine the effects of land and water impacts related to mitigation and clean-up projects on the distribution and abundance of fish/wildlife and their habitats.
– Reviewing and appraising reports, agreements, and/or recommendations concerning proposed land and water projects as part of the clean-up efforts in Vieques.
– Plan and design studies and field investigations of fish and wildlife resources and their habitats, prior to clearing vegetation and altering habitats as part of the clean-up effort.
– Identify and advise on how to solve fish and wildlife resource problems by gathering and applying information from a variety of materials or sources that provide several alternatives.
– Preparing reports on the results of investigations, studies, and projects.
– Interpreting and implementing Federal and/or State laws, regulations, and policies involving natural resource issues.
– Providing biological or ecological information to representatives or other government agencies, staff members, landowners, private interest groups, and the public.
– Four-year degree or higher in Biology, Natural Sciences, Ecology, or similar field.
– Ability to conduct wildlife identification, surveying, and monitoring with appropriate techniques and procedures.
– Able to interpret data and provide advice to support management and conservation decisions.
– Capable of physical exertion such as walking, bending, crouching, stooping, reaching, lifting or similar activities.
– 40 hours of Hooper training.
– Bilingual in both English and Spanish.
For more information: