Position: Conservation Technician
Entity: Puerto Rico Association of Conservation Districts (PRACD)
Location: Several locations, PR
“PRACD will be recruiting a conservation technician to work supporting each of the NRCS offices in Puerto Rico.
– Assists in gathering and assembling preliminary data for all resource concerns for use in developing complete basic farm conservation plans.
– Understands all applicable NRCS and Farm Bill programs available to address resource concerns and explain cost-share programs and payment procedures to applicants and contract holders.
– Carries out a follow-up schedule for applying soil conservation practices in accordance with plan and contract schedules.
– With or without supervision, utilizes most current technology programs in the documentation and management of conservation plans and technical assistance by the service center.
– Bachelor’s degree in soil conservation or related agricultural or natural resource discipline such as agronomy, soil science, forestry, agricultural education, or agricultural engineering.
– One year of specialized experience in a related field.
– Bilingual proficiency.”
Send your resume to:
For more information: