Entity: Alaka’ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs)
Location: San Juan, PR
“The Alaka’ina Foundation FOCs has a need for an Entomologist to support our government customer located in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Potential for Telework may be available, but local within Puerto Rico is preferred.
– Perform entomological work on vector-borne disease outbreaks, vector-borne disease ecology and epidemiology.
– Support coordination of vector control work in the Puerto Rico Department of Health and the Puerto Rico Vector Control Unit.
– Conduct minor design and systems analysis for the development of scientific models.
– Participate in the development of performance and testing requirements and protocols.
– Develop portions of technical presentations or documents.
– Assists in the assessment of the effects of control measures on vector populations.
– Conduct field work to collect, transport, and store host and vector samples for later laboratory analysis.
– Monitor changes in the distribution and density of the above organisms and investigate the potential causes for these changes.
– Contribute to the assessment of the ecological requirements of the dengue vectors.
– Bachelor’s degree in Entomology or a related field and minimum of three years relevant experience.
– Must have at least three or more years of direct experience in entomology or medical entomology.
– Must be able to manage data, perform experimental design, and conduct descriptive analyses.
– Must be proficient in the use of Excel, Access and other Microsoft Office applications.
– Experience with GIS software.
– Must have prior experience handling and blood-sampling.
– CDC, public health, or healthcare experience.
– Knowledge and experience in vector-borne disease and mosquito control practices.”
For more information: