Program: National Coastal Resilience Fund (NCRF) 2023
Entity: National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF)
Deadline: April 12, 2023
“The NFWF is pleased to announce the 2023 NCRF Request for Proposals. NFWF will make investments in planning, design, and implementation of natural and nature-based solutions. The goal is to enhance protections for coastal communities from the impacts of storms, floods, and other natural coastal hazards and to improve habitats for fish and wildlife. The NCRF supports projects that will result in the creation and/or restoration of natural systems to increase the resilience of communities from coastal hazards and improve habitats for fish and wildlife species.
Award decisions will be made based on regional circumstances and needs, but all proposals must address the following priorities:
– Nature-Based Solutions: Projects must focus on identifying or implementing natural, nature-based or hybrid solutions.
– Community Resilience Benefit: Projects must show clear benefits in terms of reducing current and projected threats to communities from natural coastal hazards.
– Fish and Wildlife Benefit: Projects must help to improve habitats for fish and wildlife species.
– Community Impact and Engagement: Projects that provide risk reduction or job creation benefits to underserved communities and directly engage community members in project design and implementation will be prioritized for funding.
– Innovation, Transferability and Sustainability: NFWF encourages projects that seek to re-shape our thinking on what constitutes coastal community resilience to climate impacts as experienced across different geographies.
All application materials must be submitted online through the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s Easygrants system (https://lnkd.in/etkxX9as). Eligible applicants include non-profit 501(c) organizations, state and territorial government agencies, local governments, municipal governments, educational institutions, or commercial (for-profit) organizations.”
For more information: