Position: Tropical Forestry Specialist
Entity: National Cooperative Business Assoc
Location: Guaynabo, PR
– “Provide technical oversight to project activity implementation.
– Collaborate with agricultural producers, Non-industrial Private Forest Landowners, and technical assistance providers to develop agroforestry plans that align with landowner goals and incorporate climate resilient practices.
– Design and implement training and capacity-building for project partner technicians.
– Develop and maintain positive relationships with forest landowners, coworkers, partner organizations, and others to facilitate program delivery.
– Master’s degree in agroforestry, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, or related technical area, or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent experience.
– 10 years of experience in forestry, agroforestry, forest management, and/or climate areas.
– Strong knowledge of sustainability, regenerative agricultural practices, and agroforestry principles.
– Experience in understanding agroforestry systems including riparian buffers, silvopasture, forest farming, and alley cropping.
– Experience with commonly used online conservation tools and accounting systems (such as COMET-Farm).
– Familiarity with USDA rules and regulations.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
– Ability to fluently read, write and speak English and Spanish.
– Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where complex tasks are necessary.”
For more information: