GRADUATE POSITION OPPORTUNITY
Position: MS in Avian Ecology and Migration
Entity: University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV)
Location: Edinburg, TX
Deadline (for Fall 2024): June 1, 2024
“The Contina Lab in the School of Integrative Biological and Chemical Sciences at the UTRGV is looking for two motivated graduate students (MS) to join our team to study the ecological mechanisms underlying species resilience under local and global change, with emphasis on migratory populations. The lab focuses on species that exhibit quantifiable variation in response to environmental change such as buntings, warblers, jays, and plovers. Through a combination of cutting-edge tools including tracking devices and molecular methods, the lab promotes a novel framework in Movement Ecology. Prospective students are expected to develop their own research questions and explore new interdisciplinary approaches. The lab offers several research opportunities with particular emphasis on stable isotopes, modeling, and bioacoustics.
– Undergraduate degree in Biology, Ecology, Wildlife Conservation, or related field.
– Must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of appointment.
– Must meet UTRGV admission requirements.
– Proficiency in written and spoken English.
– Must send an application which includes: 1) a one-page cover letter that addresses your experiences and goals with respect to this position as well as how you meet the required and desired qualifications; 2) curriculum vitae; 3) contact information for three references; and 4) copies of all post-secondary transcripts. All materials should be compiled as a single PDF document.”
Applicants must send an email with the complete application and the subject line “Graduate Student Application” to:
For more information: